We all know the benefits of having a grateful heart – it improves sleep and physical, emotional, and psychological health; it improves social relationships, enhances empathy and reduces aggression. It also improves self-esteem. The increased confidence helps us to become better coaches.
On this Thanksgiving episode, our special guest is Dan Wilson, a very special friend and colleague who is the founder and president of Wisdom In Leadership (WIL.) Dan spent 30 years on Wall Street as a bond trader and investment banking. In his realization that he wanted the second half of his life to become more meaningful, he moved from his lucrative corporate and business profession into executive coaching. He had the experience necessary in helping others become effective and inspiring leaders. He soon realized that the more he focused on helping and developing leaders, the more his own personal satisfaction and self-esteem improved. He also has a Graduate Certificate in Executive and Professional Coaching earned from the University of Texas at Dallas.
Dan is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), Board of Trustees of the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee; Board of Trustees of Charis Hills, Inc., Board Chair, Episcopal Foundation of Dallas, former board member of Canterbury Episcopal Preparatory School, De Soto, Texas, BBA in Finance, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas. He is a Certified Business Consultant, and has a Certificate in Ministry Coaching. He is also the author of a weekly inspirational newsletter called Abundant Living published every Monday.
- Dan’s story on his career transition from a bond trader to a business coach
- He founded Wisdom in Leadership
- Why he decided to take up graduate studies in coaching
- How he built and developed his own coaching program
- The benefits of gratitude
- Why he left bond trading at 54 to look for something less stressful
- The benefits he gets from the coaching profession
- Wisdom In Leadership helps people become effective and inspirational leaders
- Dan took a course to equip himself with coaching skills
- He earned a graduate certificate in executive and professional coaching from The University of Texas at Dallas’ School of Management
- He is a member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
Connect with Dan:
Wisdom in Leadership Website