The resources on this page have been recommended by the guests on the STaR Coach Show or by myself, some of the links below are affiliate links. Many of those listed here have been instrumental in the building and operation of my practice or in my continual learning and growth as a coach. Our show guests have been generous in their sharing of resources as well so those mentioned in shows are included.
RESOURCES FROM THIS MONTH'S SHOWS
THIS WEEK'S SHOW:
Guest: Jane Adshead-Grant, MCC
The US Leadership Institute
Upcoming Thinking Environment Courses
Last Week's Episode
Guest: Kasia Wezowski
Watch the LEAP movie on:
For free exploratory session go to Kasia's page: http://www.kasiawezowski.com/
Kristine Conway’s book: Obligated No More: A journey to a guilt free life
MORE RECENT EPISODES:
Guest: Cynthia Loy Darst, MCC
Cynthia's Book: Meet Your Inside Team
Guest: Dr. Renee Moorefield, CEO of Wisdom Works
FOLLOW my latest article at the Global Wellness Institute > 10 Shifts Driving a New “Thrive” Revolution at Work
READ my latest interview with a #Millennials expert > Millennials: A Generation on a Potential Path to Burnout
Guest: Ann Betz, PCC
Visit Ann's Website: https://www.beaboveleadership.com
Books Ann Recommends:
Mindsight, Daniel Siegel — True stories of real profound changes and healing. I can’t recommend this book highly enough.
The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy, Louis Cozolino — in my opinion, probably the best book for coaches out there, although he focuses on therapists
Coaching with the Brain in Mind, David Rock and Linda Paige — I use this for reference. It’s very detailed and complex and perhaps not an easy cover to cover read, but I find it very helpful for looking things up.
The Brain that Changes Itself, Norman Doidge — wonderful true stories of “neuroplasticity” and astonishing ways the brain can find new ways to do things.
Incognito, David Eagleman — also an easy to read book, lots of true stories about how we know what we know.
My Stroke of Insight, Jill Bolte Taylor — a wonderful book about right brain/left brain, written by a neuroscientist who had a stroke.
The Art of Changing the Brain, James Zull — this may be the best book on learning and the brain for educators.
Your Brain at Work, David Rock — good for leaders, very business focused.
The Buddha’s Brain, Rick Hanson with Richard Mendius — a great introductory book on the brain that weaves in mindfulness and Buddhist wisdom and includes practical tools for personal development.
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts, Gabor Mate — fabulous work on the neuroscience of addiction.
The Master and His Emissary, Iain McGilchrist — amazing, powerful work on the right and left brain.
Guest: Will Sharon
Click here to register!
Guest: Marie Zimenoff, CEO
Career Thought Leaders Consortium and Resume Writing Academy
A Strategic Advantage: www.astrategicadvantage.com
Resume Writing Academy: www.resumewritingacademy.com
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE about Meg's Mentor Coaching Program? Get information here
FREE GIVEAWAYS FOR STaR COACH LISTENERS:
- Kristin Robertson's special gift: Powerful Questions for Coaching to Culture
- Sherry Yellin's Give-away: Don't Be Boring. Four Common Mistakes Coaches Make When Designing Their Programs
- Five Step Prosperity Plan Guide was offered by Connie Whitesell you can still get your copy here.
- Susan Shapiro is offering the Coachability Checklist she developed to use with her executive clients to the STaR Coach audience, get it here.
- Pete Berridge offers his paper on “From Coach to Positive Psychology Coach”
- Donna Zajonc, MCC offers Resource Handouts from her show if you contact her at email@example.com
Thank you so much to our guests for providing these free offers!
MORE RESOURCES TO EXPLORE: Blogs and Websites:
Coach Training Programs:
- Certified Story Coach Program
- Coach Academy International
- Coaching Out of the Box
- Positive Psychology Coaching
- Positive Psychology Skill Building Intensive
- Susan Shapiro's Coachability Checklist
- Visit www.tanyasmithonline.com to access Tanya's fresh actionable strategies, training and virtual tools
- The RIM Institute: RIM Essentials
TED Talks and YouTube Resources