We are all energetic beings, and we all bring our energy into a room with us. The coaching process takes a good amount of energy and to be effective we pay attention to the energy that we bring into the coaching relationship. As coaches, we are also responsible for helping our clients manage their energy. Today, you are going to learn all about how to master your energy in your coaching exchanges. Meg Mann has brought her expertise to the show. She is a Master Certified Coach who is passionate about coaching and living a purposeful life. She shares about Energy Matters for Coaches.
Meg is a native of Florida, and she had a successful 15-year career as an attorney before moving to Eastern Europe with her husband in 1994. In 1995 Meg and Mark created a company offering leadership education and executive coaching. Their company – Clarity Professional Development – is based in Portugal, and to date, they have worked in 25 different countries, with professionals of more than 70 different nationalities. Meg completed her formal coach training in 2004 and has been an MCC since 2008. She has been involved with ICF Global events and committees, 4 different ACTP training programs; she is a certified Coach Mentor, and served for many years as an ICF assessor. Meg lives in Lisbon, Portugal with her husband and their two dogs.
Today is just the beginning of the conversation. Make sure to follow the link below to bring your questions to Meg’s next interview on March 20th when we get curious about how we can help our client’s manage their energy in sessions. How do you respond to a low energy client, how about one that feels “forced” into coaching, perhaps you are challenged by a client who doesn’t slow down to pause or think. We want you to be a part of the interview process so download Meg’s handouts and register to join us.
More in this episode:
- What are we talking about when we think about our own personal energy.
- We need to be able to distinguish what is happening with the energy in the room.
- It takes some practice! We need to check in with our energy levels like we do our cell phones.
- Our energy leaks can influence our client relationships.
- Discover the energy pillars and what they can teach us.
- What we can do to up our game as coaches with energetic awareness.
- Energetic techniques that you can quickly integrate into your day.
- Learn how you can get involved in the conversation!
Get the handout here
Book’s mentioned in Meg’s interview: