We have so much to learn from the successes and failures of others. As we gather new strategies and resources that you can use to be the best professional coach you can be, we are also collecting stories. Today on the Star Coach show, we have a dynamic guest who is here to share his journey (all of it!) to help you on your way to professional success.
Jim Cathcart, CSP, CPAE is perhaps the most award-winning professional speaker on Earth! Past president of the National Speakers Association, Author of 18 books, veteran of over 3,100 speeches. He’s received the Golden Gavel Award, The Cavett Award, Speaker Hall of Fame, Sales & Marketing Hall of Fame, Lifetime Achievement Award and much more. He has previously keynoted the ICF convention and his books: Relationship Selling, The Self Motivation Handbook, and The Acorn Principle have become international bestsellers.
A psychological researcher and a down to earth business achiever, Jim advises executives and coaches leaders on how to dominate your field and become one of the most respected people in your profession. His courses on XTRAcredits.com are certified for Profitable Business Relationships Is NOW AVAILABLE for Coaches to Earn 1 CORE credit at ICF towards their ACC, PCC or MCC recertification continuing coaching education, Online.
Jim is going to explore several different topics as we walk through his various specialties. He will challenge you to look at what is within you to find your special core talents. Jim will also show you how to help clients tap into their unique greatness as well!. Are you having problems staying motivated with certain tasks? Jim is going to tackle one of the big ones—selling. Jim will explain how we can provide the value we know we can bring in a natural way called Relationship Selling.
Jim has so much expertise to share with you today, so I know you will not want to miss out on this episode!
More in this episode:
- Discover what led Jim to be an author and speaker.
- Jim spent an hour a day studying human potential and personal development.
- Jim found a niche leading groups and meetings.
- Understand the “Acorn Principle.”
- When you develop natural gifts, you succeed.
- What motivates a coach, and what gets in the way of motivation.
- Tools are different than results.
- Sales isn’t something we do to people.
- Show how you can make a relationship more valuable.
- Some of the setbacks that Jim encountered with his speaking engagements.
- How to get some training from Jim!