There is a new acronym floating around the coaching world, and that is VUCA. This phrase describes situations that are Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous. Today, my guest and I are going to talk all about this perspective and how we as coaches can engage with a world that feels more VUCA than ever before. Back on the show with us is Ann Deaton, and she has been working with companies and organizations in order to help them thrive in the face of changing terrain.
Ann Deaton, PCC is a leadership and team coach, and group facilitator. After her first career in health care, Ann earned her Leadership Coaching Certification from the Newfield Network and attained the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) designation from the International Coach Federation. Ann specializes in coaching individuals, teams, and groups experiencing significant change and growth. She facilitates awareness and team-building sessions for corporate, government, and nonprofit clients. Ann’s strengths are in creating the kinds of rich and open conversations that expand perspectives and ideas – and then holding people accountable for taking bold action. Ann is also co-author, with Holly Williams, of the book Being Coached: Group and Team Coaching from the Inside.
In her newest book, VUCA Tools for a VUCA World. Ann gives us an antidote to our VUCA world. I think you will find there is so much value in the VUCA tools that she has for anyone, not just coaches and corporate leaders. Whether you are familiar with Ann’s work or new to the concepts, you are going to glean so much wisdom from Ann’s experiences. We as coaches need to be prepared to handle situations that fall into the VUCA realm. Ann is going to help us get there!
More in this episode:
- What is VUCA and how does it influence companies?
- Ann has created an antidote to our VUCA world.
- Vulnerability can leave us open to the threat of VUCA, but teamwork and organizations can protect us in that vulnerability.
- Ann looks back at what it was like to work with her old characters again.
- Ann has learned from past experiences common threads and problems that many leaders and organizations face.
- How an organization responds to VUCA.
- We need diverse tools to deal with these situations.
- How Ann tackled bullying and why that was so important.
- Who these VUCA tools are for.
For More Information About Mentor Coaching: Star Coaches
(voice mail): 804-955-4926
The Bounce Collective
412 Libbie Ave., Suite #4
Richmond, VA 23226